Local Response | Adaptive Spaces
Voices from Singapore: How will people live, work and shop in the future?
Singapore Live-Work-Shop Report 2022
December 16, 2022
In the first survey of its kind, CBRE polled more than 20,000 people worldwide – from Gen Z to Baby boomers – earlier this year to understand how they will live, work and shop in the future, and how this will impact the real estate they use. Included in the survey were around 1,000 respondents from Singapore.
The survey findings revealed fresh insights that can be harnessed to inform real estate occupier and investor strategies, and ensure that real estate is positioned to meet users’ evolving needs.
Key findings include:
- One-third of respondents want to move their home; city centre areas remain most popular
- Homebuying sentiment remains robust
- The pandemic has prompted a shift in home selection criteria
- A desire for greater flexibility is supporting the adoption of hybrid working
- Location is key: city centre offices remain most popular
- Workplace quality matters
- Most consumers prefer omnichannel shopping
- Singapore consumers are upbeat about their finances
- Ethical consumerism is growing
click to enlarge
The Global Live-Work-Shop Report Data Dashboard
How do your attitudes around how you live, work and shop compare to those in your region, market and age group?
Unlock the potential of your residential real estate with expert investment, financing, valuation, due diligence, design, management and leasing strategies.
Use the world’s most comprehensive real estate services platform to find innovative solutions for your needs as a corporate occupier or office investor.
With integrated solutions, unique insight, and unmatched experience, we deliver successful outcomes for retailers, restaurateurs, investors, owners, and developers.
Gain proactive insights and strategies that unlock value, drive returns and enhance outcomes for your real estate investments in all geographies and across all asset classes.
Adaptive SpacesNovember 28, 2022
The Global Live Work Shop Report
Cross-Generational Attitudes That Will Transform the Built Environment
APAC Local Market Responses
Henry Chin, Ph.D.
Global Head of Investor Thought Leadership & Head of Research, Asia Pacific
Ada Choi, CFA
Head of Occupier Research & Head of Data Intelligence and Management, Research, Asia Pacific