Local Response | Adaptive Spaces
Voices from Singapore: How will people live, work and shop in the future?
Singapore Live-Work-Shop Report 2022
December 16, 2022
In the first survey of its kind, CBRE polled more than 20,000 people worldwide – from Gen Z to Baby boomers – earlier this year to understand how they will live, work and shop in the future, and how this will impact the real estate they use. Included in the survey were around 1,000 respondents from Singapore.
The survey findings revealed fresh insights that can be harnessed to inform real estate occupier and investor strategies, and ensure that real estate is positioned to meet users’ evolving needs.
Key findings include:
- One-third of respondents want to move their home; city centre areas remain most popular
- Homebuying sentiment remains robust
- The pandemic has prompted a shift in home selection criteria
- A desire for greater flexibility is supporting the adoption of hybrid working
- Location is key: city centre offices remain most popular
- Workplace quality matters
- Most consumers prefer omnichannel shopping
- Singapore consumers are upbeat about their finances
- Ethical consumerism is growing
click to enlarge