With more than two decades of retail leasing experience in both retail mall-management and tenant representation, Joan possesses good knowledge and understanding of retail objectives and strategies to provide value-added services in the interest of her clients at CBRE.
Joan’s real estate career began in 1994 at Chesterton International where she assisted with sole agency instructions and ad-hoc assignments. In 1996, Joan furthered her retail real estate career with DBS Land (now CapitaLand) and was involved with the redevelopment of Plaza Singapura from its pre-development Yaohan Dept Store days to the opening of the new revamped mall in 1998. Joan was involved in major marketing and centre management aspects of the project, including retail leasing planning, tenant liaison activities, asset enhancement initiatives, asset control budgeting and management reporting. Joan later joined Coldwell Banker Real Estate in 2003 and provided ad-hoc residential and retail leasing services.
Since joining CBRE in 2005, Joan brings along her knowledge and understanding of different stakeholders, having represented representing both landlords and tenants in their retail requirements and expansion plans in Singapore. Coupled with her strong landlord / mall-management experience, Joan is also able to value-add to a landlord’s marketing and asset enhancement initiatives which she has had opportunities to contribute positively at CBRE.
Credentials & Education
- Bachelor of Business in Business Administration, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia.
- Diploma In Marketing, Chartered Institute of Marketing, U.K.
- Diploma in Business Administration (Marketing), Singapore Polytechnic
- Certificate in CEHA
- M & G Real Estate - Compass One City
- City Developments Limited - [email protected]
- Changi Airport Group - Terminal 3 Landslide
- CDL H-Reit - Claymore Connect
- NTUC Income - Income at Raffles
- Amara Holdings - 100AM
- OUE - Mandarin Gallery
- Singapore Post Limited - Singapore Post Centre