Ray Pittman is CBRE’s Global Chief Client Officer spearheading one of the firm’s most important strategic initiatives. In his role, Ray oversees CBRE’s account management and client experience programs to ensure our professionals are working seamlessly across business lines and geographies to deliver the power of the CBRE platform and driving exceptional client outcomes.
Prior to this, Ray served as President & CEO of CBRE’s Pacific Region where he oversaw more than 2,500 employees in 22 offices across Australia and New Zealand. During this time the business successfully concluded several significant merger & acquisition deals and consistently established new benchmarks for revenues and profits in the region. Ray also championed efforts to improve staff diversity and inclusion and develop a more client-centric culture in the region. This followed Ray’s leadership of the company’s operations in Colorado, where revenues and EBITDA more than doubled under his oversight from 2011 to 2015.
Ray originally joined CBRE in 1985 and served in a variety of brokerage and senior management roles, including President of Corporate Services (until 1998), Executive Managing Director for the company’s Midwest Region and Executive Managing Officer for the Denver area (until 1999).
From 1999 to 2011, Ray served as Senior Vice President of Catellus Development Corp in Colorado, and then President of Pittman Development Group, Inc., a leading commercial real estate development and investment firm headquartered in Denver. He rejoined CBRE’s Denver office in 2011.
With more than 33 years of commercial real estate experience, Ray’s expertise includes corporate strategy and executive team leadership, M&A, business operations, client account management, property acquisition and development, and transactional brokerage
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) Oceania
- Property Council of Australia
- The American Chamber of Commerce in Australia (AmCham)
- CEB International CEO Forum
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Past Board Chairman – Aurora Economic Development Council
- Founding Board Member – High Point Academy Charter School
- Board Member – SOAR Charter Schools
- University of Colorado, Master of Business Administration, Leadership Strategy
- UC Santa Barbara, Bachelor of Arts, Liberal Studies
- Real Estate & Finance Course Work, University of Colorado, University of California, Los Angeles and Stanford University